Air Conditioning 101
Air conditioning is fairly simple when you get down to the basics. All air conditioners, whether they're small window units or central systems that cool an entire house, work on a similar cooling principle, much like your household refrigerator. And just like refrigerators, they come in different sizes, functionalities, and energy efficiencies. In order to ensure a long and healthy life for your air conditioning system, there are a few basic maintenance checks that should be performed—some by you and some best left for the pros.
Care and Maintenance
Dirty coils and improper refrigerant levels can cause your system to cool less efficiently than it should. An inefficient system means higher energy bills. Your compressor works harder than it should, and the life span of your unit is shortened.
With good maintenance, your air conditioner should last about 15 years. You can keep your system running efficiently with these easy tips:
- Check all hose connections for leaks, and make sure the condensate tube is draining freely.
- Change or clean the air filter once a month. This is especially important during the summer when dust and allergens are prevalent.
- Keep plants and shrubbery at least 2 ft. away for adequate airflow around the entire unit.
- Vacuum the air vents and registers, or grills, regularly, and consider a professional duct cleaning every few years.
- Keep furniture and drapes away from registers.
There are other maintenance procedures that are best handled by a professional service provider. Consider having a professional inspection done once a year by an experienced technician to ensure that your system is running efficiently. Some technicians perform free inspections, while others charge a fee for service calls. Any repairs are likely to result in additional costs.
Shift Air Mechanical Air Conditioning offers a full range of HVAC services, but what really sets us apart from other companies Shift Air Mechanical Ltd is the kind of service we provide. We arrive on schedule—guaranteed. We also guarantee your satisfaction, including offering you the lowest prices available.
The services we offer include the following:
- A/C Repair: Air conditioners in Calgary & Local area have their work cut out for them! If the Alberta heat has knocked your A/C out of commission— or you want to proactively ensure that it doesn't—we can help!
- A/C Installation: Today's HVAC systems have never been so reliable or efficient. If your existing air conditioner needs to be replaced, you may be glad to know that a new one can provide more cooling for less money.
- Duct Repair and Replacement: Even the most efficient heater or air conditioner cannot make up for leaky ductwork. We can check your ducts for collapses or leaks to make sure you get the most out of your HVAC system.
- Total System Rejuvenation: Regular, preventative maintenance is key to a healthy and reliable HVAC system. Don't wait for the worst! Our licensed technicians can tune-up your heater and AC today.
- Furnace Repair & Replacement: It's easy for Calgary furnaces to get neglected until they suddenly don't work when needed. If that's happened to you— or you want to make sure it doesn't—bring us in for a diagnosis, replacement, or repair.
For experience, satisfaction, and affordability, why would you look anywhere else?
Call Shift Air Mechanical Ltd. 403-452-7076
We offer the highest satisfaction!
What Sets Us Apart
- In Business for Nearly 70 Years!
- Worry-Free Maintenance with a Club Membership
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No Surprise Guarantee—What We Quote Is What You Pay!
- Total Comfort Guarantee
- Highly-Trained Experts in Energy Efficient